Untangling the Connection between grief and trauma
Making way for more peace, connection, and love
Alex Howard and David Kessler Present:
Secrets to Healing
A 5-week course exploring the intersection between trauma and grief
- Wednesday, November 29
- Wednesday, December 6
- Wednesday, December 13
- Wednesday, December 20
- Wednesday, January 10
9 am PST/ 12 pm EST / 5 pm GMT
- We'll gather online for 60-minutes of live teaching each week
- Following the teaching, there will be an optional 30-minute Q&A with Alex Howard and David Kessler
- All meetings will be recorded so you can watch them later if you can't join live
- Ongoing access to a private training platform
- This is for anyone who is a mental health professional and/or in a helping profession working with those who have experienced the dual burden of trauma and grief as well as those individuals who wish to gain insight into their traumatic grief
- Instant access to helpful bonus videos
Understanding and Navigating the Complex Grief and Trauma Connection
- Understand the relationship between grief and trauma and how experiences can continue to impact choices and relationships
- Address the heartbreak of grief and the wounds, burdens, and hurts of trauma and their accompanying, feelings of hopelessness, frustration, emotional dysregulation, relationship challenges, and PTSD
- Cultivate healthy coping strategies
- Join the conversation with David Kessler and Alex Howard as well as guest teachers Matthias Barker and Tiffani Dilworth to go beyond the symptoms and struggles and address the invisible wounds of grief and trauma
- Release the feelings of overwhelm, sadness, fear, and shame that are common with both grief and trauma and create a path toward authenticity and peace
- Get real-life strategies to deal with grief and trauma whether the loss and/or trauma was recent or occurred decades ago
Help create confidence, security, clarity, and the ability to be present
November 29, 2023
Understanding Your Trauma and Grief
Grief and trauma are often entangled. It can be difficult to know where one ends and the other begins. Grief can reactivate and remind us of trauma from the past and we can experience new trauma from the events around our grief.
We'll explore the intersection between grief and trauma to understand how they both impact lives and healing. David Kessler and Alex Howard will co-lead this transformational session.
December 6, 2023
The Overwhelming Impact of Trauma and Grief
With Guest Teacher Matthias Barker
The past and the future often collide in trauma. We'll learn to identify and untangle some of the old patterns. They often contribute to feelings of being stuck and helplessness. Matthias Barker will join us and will share insight into how our trauma and grief are impacting us today in everything from our energy, mood, and emotions to relationships.
December 13, 2023
Managing the Aftermath of Trauma
With Guest Teacher Tiffani Dilworth
We'll discuss coping tools to manage anger, anxiety, unhealthy thoughts, and elevated stress levels that so often accompany grief and trauma. We'll also share ways that grief and trauma show up in all areas of our lives and share strategies for healing and living fully in the aftermath of grief and trauma.
December 20, 2023
Your true identity (beyond trauma and grief)
So often, people who have experienced grief and trauma reveal that other people mention that they miss the way they used to be or that they have changed. Maybe you don't even recognize yourself anymore. We may wonder who we are now, after the grief and after the trauma. In this teaching, we'll explore our authentic and evolving selves and share strategies for growth, peace and finding meaning.
January 10, 2023
Building your life after Trauma and Grief
As we make our way into a new year, we'll explore tools and strategies to navigate the future with more freedom, love, forgiveness, and transformation. We'll create an intentional path to healing and explore tools to overcome the joint burdens of grief and trauma.
"Healing doesn’t mean the loss didn’t happen. It means that it no longer controls us."
David Kessler is a grief specialist, speaker, and author of six books, including his latest bestselling book, Finding Meaning: The Sixth Stage of Grief. He co-authored two books with Elisabeth Kübler Ross. His first book received praise from Saint (Mother) Teresa.
He facilitates a new model of online grief groups that are attended by people worldwide and leads one of the most respected online grief certificate programs. He is the founder of Grief.com which has over five million visits yearly from 167 countries.
"Trauma does shape us but doesn't define us."
Alex is passionate about making physical and emotional healing accessible to everyone, and in the last few years, his Super Conference series has been attended by over 1 million people. Alex has also published academic research in publications such as the British Medical Journal Open and Psychology and Health, and is the author of Why Me? and Decode Your Fatigue. Since March 2020, Alex has been documenting his therapeutic work with real-life patients via his In Therapy with Alex Howard YouTube series.
Alex’s third book It’s Not Your Fault – Why Childhood Trauma Shapes You and How to Break Free is now available.
"Trauma is when severe emotional pain cannot find a relational home."
Matthias Barker is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), specializing in the treatment of complex trauma, childhood abuse, and marital issues.
He holds a Master's Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Northwest University and is currently located in Nashville, Tennessee. Matthias is widely recognized for his unique approach to making mental health knowledge and skills accessible to the wider public. Matthias delivers psychoeducational content to a following of over 3 million people. His innovative blend of engaging content and relevant mental health advice has fostered a vibrant online community centered on healing, personal growth, and moving toward meaning amid hardship.
"We can get stuck in a wormhole of memories."
Tiffani Dilworth is a successful psychotherapist, author, and sought-after speaker on topics related to grief, PTSD, and sexual assault. Ms. Dilworth received her master’s in community counseling from Oklahoma State University. She’s a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor who specializes in PTSD, grief, and sexual trauma.
She’s a Fellow in Thanatology and a Certified Advanced Grief Counseling Specialist.
She’s the author of the book 11 Tools to Help Manage the Aftermath of Trauma.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this for?
When are the meetings?
What if I have to miss a week?
How do I know if I am ready?
Will there be CEUs?
Alex Howard and David Kessler Present:
A 5-Week Online Course
We Begin on November 29th and Spaces are Limited
Wednesdays November 29 - December 20th and January 10th
9 am PST/ 12 pm EST / 5 pm GMT
10-Day No-Questions-Asked Refund PolicyGET STARTED